Saturday 3 March 2007

A week gone by...

Well, I've been here for a week, but it honestly feels like I've been here for a really long time. That doesn't mean, however, that it feels like home... Paris is wonderful, of course, but things get lonely and hard sometimes. remember how frustrated i was about where I was living? Well God definitely has me here for a reason.... not only am I very comfortable in my room (I have more space than I need) but the French people are really nice. I am kind of getting a feel for how they live their lives, etc.... its good. i spend most nights in the student kitchen meeting other french students, as i said above. that is a lot of fun becaus generally they are very nice.

God definitely walks wityh me everywhere I go though. I can really see him in the homeless people here. there are a LOT of homeless people... a lot more than I ever knew, actually. It is impossible to give money to all of them, just like it is in richmond or new york or anywhere else, but I just let the Lord lead me to do whatever. The other day I was walking into the subway and I saw and oold woman begging for money... I had a half a sandwich with mem that I was definitely not going to eat... as I passed her, I handed her the sandwichand ran down the stairs because my train was coming. Right as I was about to get on the train I could feel God saying... that wasn't enough Kimberly.... that filled her stomach, but her soul? So I turned back and went to go talk to her. It turned out she didn't speak French, but I think just the fact that I went back showed her something. When I left her the second time, I crossed myself and held up my hand so she could see that I was Christian and I was trying to say "God bless you" she crossed herself too. I think she got it. Another time I stopped and gave a woman a few centimes, and I asked her if she knew God... we talked for a litle bit although she was hard to understand.
For right now, I am allowing myself to settle into the city and my life here before I attempt to give myself to others. I am trying to develop a better grasp of the language (my French is SO much better than it was when I arrived here a week ago- already.) When you share the Gospel with people in a foreign place, you need to share it in their language. So I am working on that- studying the language so I can bring the Good News in their language.
I have met some wonderful people from the Hillsong Paris church. I went there for the first time Friday night, and as soon as I walked in (I got lost first, of course) I began weeping-- I felt more at home than I had in a week. It was wonderful. I've begun to spend time with people from the church, and they are absolutely amazing and so much fun. God has truly blessed me with them, and I praise Him for that.
I think what I will ask you to pray for right now is for the homeless of the city. they are the ones who have been sticking out to me the most as the spiritually needy and dry. Please pray that those who already have faith may continue despite their conditions, and that the Lord will bless them in ways that may not be what we consider comfortable, but to be what they need . And for those who do not know Him, please pray that they may be sought out by people who are believers so they can bring the Good News to them. Pray that I have the discernment to speak and the gift of fluent language to communicate.
Thank you so much, and as always, I praise God for you, miss you, and love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Godspeed my darling!

A Living Epistle said...

yo girl- im proud of you- at least its just a semester <3 (I think God wants me to give a year in POLAND for my senior year -lol-) ahh i miss you... ill be praying for ya. And you should write me an email- about all that stuff you cant really talk about on here or facebook (that way I can ahve time to really put together an email back to you :)

Mari Fray Foster said...

:D I'm so excited for the opportunities God is laying before you. I miss you! and rear end smacks. <3