Tuesday 6 February 2007

Rejecting God's Will?

So I got my housing assignment today, and was incredibly enraged that I was placed in a dorm instead of an apartment like I requested. When I found out, I was sitting in a classroom full of eighth graders, so I had to control myself. I was so confused. I am paying so much money and have gone through so much trouble to get something I didn't even want in the first place? I was so frustrated, and so incredibly mad at God. All of a sudden, my dream of living an in auberge in France in complete independence... I went to work, and gradually felt the power of people praying for me. Work was incredibly slow, which gave me the opportunity to think about what God's will for me might really be in tihs trip. I have been saying that my goal to go is ministry and to spread the Gospel... shouldn't I be leaving it up to God to put me where he needs me?

Oh, but it is so hard.

When I got home, I began to rant again to my father about what had happened, and I got mad all over again. I decided I was going to fight this thing tooth and nail until I got what I wanted. I was going on and on about how stupid the whole situation was, and then I said "I know I wanted to go to witness to people and spread the Gospel, but I just didn't think it would come at such a cost..." I stopped dead in my speech. Did I really just see that? Had I been that blind for the past eight hours? My dad chuckled. "I think I just heard a lightbulb go on," he said. More like a bush being set on fire!!! All I could see was Jesus, hanging there on the cross, bloody, battered and torn. What did it cost him to save all of us? If I could 'save' (through Jesus Christ) every single soul in that dorm, or even one, through living there, wouldn't it be worth it?

Yeah. I think it would.

It is going to be hard. I'm not excited about my living quarters, and I would much rather have it another way. But I can't imagine the carnate man in Jesus was too thrilled about what he had to go through. Thats why he spent so much time praying in Gethsemane. So, I will find a Gethsemane to pray in whenever I need to. I WILL LIVE AMONG THE SPIRITUALLY IMPOVERISHED (the European students), where God has placed me.

I am needing your prayers more than ever. This spiritual attack was so incredibly unexpected, and even though it created a very painful day, will generate some beautiful blessings.

HERE I AM LORD
IS IT I, LORD?
I HAVE HEARD YOU CALLING IN THE NIGHT.
I WILL GO, LORD
IF YOU LEAD ME.
I WILL HOLD YOUR PEOPLE IN MY HEART.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are fabulous dear, and no matter where you are, you will shine brightly!

Lauren G